Friday, January 29, 2010
I have decided to re-read the book that started my obsession with (historical) romance novels. I remember devouring the book in less than a week, and then finding out that there were more in this wonderful series! Karen Harper is an amazing writer, and she easily manages to suck you into her stories almost from the get go. I have yet to be disappointed by one of her books.

I still haven't read the fourth and final book, so the plan is to re-read the first three to 'prepare' myself for the last one. I read them quite a bit before Allen was born, and since mommy hood apparently has some neurological side effects (fuzzy brain anyone?), I need a refresher course.

The story is of Elizabeth the 1st being thrown into the midst of danger and scandal. She must unravel the lies that are being spun around her in order to take what's rightfully hers. There are small doses of romance and intrigue thrown in, and isn't that the best way to start? (I'm definitely not one of those that dives straight into the cold water, I'm all about baby steps! lol)

As this is an older book, I'm sure it will not be difficult to find in your local library. The edition I'm reading is from Dell Publishing, and is a paperback (ISBN: 0-440-22592-2).

There are a total of 302 pages, which I will break down like this:

February 01 - 07: Page 1 - 75
February 08 - 14: Page 76 - 149
February 15 - 21: Page 150 - 225
February 22 - 28: Page 226 - 302

Each Sunday (with the exception of Valentine's Day, that will be pushed to Monday), I will open a post with my feelings so far. What I like, what I found funny, what I didn't understand etc etc etc.
I welcome all of you to read along and join in on the conversation! You can either post a review on your blog and then link to it here, or just chime in here. Either way, I'd love to hear your thoughts!


2 comments:

Jennifer Juniper said...

Oh, I'm excited! I'm a sucker for book discussions, I usually hit up Amazon to buy it right away!

Lena said...

Yay! Hope you're interested enough in this one to pick it up and read along!

Post a Comment

Photo Blog!

Followers